Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Ghost Of You

On this rainy Tuesday afternoon, I've had the pleasure of watching many a music video to kill time, and I decided I'd share this one with you.

Song: The Ghost Of You
Artist: My Chemical Romance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCUpvTMis-Y&feature=related

Now I know some of you might hesitate to give this one a try because of the notion that My Chemical Romance is "emo", but hear me out.

This is a beautiful, alternative song that captures so much emotion and intensity that it seems like a video just had to be made for it. Starting out slow, it builds up to a final climax preceded by a passionate instrumental section that, if nothing else, will get your heart racing.

As for the video itself, like the others I've suggested prior, it's almost like a little movie. Those of you who have seen Saving Private Ryan will pick up on the noticeable similarities in some of the scenes. Matching the levels of the track it's based upon, this video is very climactic, and also a little sad.

Since one of the founding principles of punk is wanting to be accepted as being different, I see no reason why you should skim over this suggestion just because you've developed a preexisting bias towards this particular group. Not that I'm saying that you will, or were thinking of doing so, but honestly, set all that aside and just listen to the music. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment