Thursday, February 2, 2012

System...

After having this song in my head on repeat for a few days now, I felt it was highly deserving of its own post on here. My apologies in advance if like me, you can't keep this out of your head for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Song: System...
Artist: Enter Shikari

I'd been toying with the idea of mentioning this post-hard/metal/electroni core band on here for a while, and when I was exposed to some of the songs off of their recent release, I knew I would be mentioning at least one. Basically, this song is above all others unlike anything I have ever heard. It's only a couple minutes long, but those are two very poignant minutes to say the least.

Whether or not the orchestral tracking is real or just synthesized, it aides extremely well in the creation of a very deep mood that helps to paint a very striking image in your mind. Complemented very well by the range of different vocal techniques and subtle guitar strokes, this song has a building sort of feel to it, and the intensity ratchets up a notch with each note played/sung. Personally, I can't listen to it without being completely drawn in, partially because of the intricate metaphor it, and the rest of the record as well, seems to be based around.

And, for any and all fans of the British accent, Enter Shikari is a British band, and there is a spoken word part in this track. Just letting you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment