Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hearts a Mess

Once again I find myself eternally grateful for having started this blog as I did, so that all of my random music and video suggestions might fall upon the ears of those who are looking for something new to listen to.

Artist: Gotye

Although I only listened to this song a couple times before I went to bed, I awoke with the chorus dancing around my brain. It's the kind of song that in its alternative nature, it's very hard to let go of. Gotye's vocals are spot-on and filled with so much emotion that they completely draw you into his song. The minimalistic instrumental backing additionally sets such a powerful mood, carrying the song through to its end, whereupon you might feel strongly inclined to hit the "repeat" button.

As regards the video itself, it's strange, but the abstract quality of the animation perfectly compliments the feel of the actual song. It's difficult to explain it, and there's certainly a good chance you won't agree with me, but either way it's an interesting video to watch that's for sure. In a way, some of the animation reminded me of the game Limbo in its silhouette-like style. 

As a bonus, it turns out this song was in the movie "The Great Gatsby," so if you are familiar with that story at all, the lyrics do take on additional layer of meaning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment