Friday, July 5, 2013

Phoenix

Last night I was reminded of why I created this blog in the first place. As I was looking up an album I was interested in, I stumbled across another I had never heard of before, and one listen absolutely took my breath away, pushing me to desperately want to share it with anyone who would listen.

Album: Phoenix
Artist: The Classic Crime


I know very little about The Classic Crime and their style—honestly, yesterday was the first time I'd even heard their name. However, I'd say that this album certainly leans towards the alternative side of the rock genre, with a few samples drawn from the indie and pop/punk elements. Personally, I found this album to embody a slice of everything I love about rock music. The lyrics are heartfelt and uniquely inspiring, the vocals are beautiful and easy to get lost in, and the instrumental backings set a perfect and intriguing tone for each individual track. I've been cycling through the album for a few hours now, and each time through I notice something new about every song that makes me fall more in love with the record, if that's even possible. 

Some standout tracks include;
• You and Me Both
• The Precipice
• Glass Houses
• Beautiful Darkside
• City of Orphans

Although those songs do stand out in my mind, to put it simply, I'd recommend you listen to this album in its entirety, regardless of where on the spectrum your musical tastes lie. There's so much to love about it, and the fact that it was independently released and funded through Kickstarter speaks to just how much effort and dedication The Classic Crime put into crafting it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment