Wednesday, December 7, 2011

AFI

A while back, one of my close friends showed me this group, and ever since then I've always been intrigued by them.

Artist: AFI

An alternative rock/punk rock/post-hardcore band from the 90s, AFI has been on the scene a while, and they've certainly left their mark for those who've heard of them. Personally, I would consider them a staple of the more modern punk rock "movement" following up the greats of the 80s.

What makes this group so remarkable is their blending of alternative styles with the tempo and feel of punk. While their older works stay truer to straight punk-rock, they've since broadened their horizon, expanding their sound.

Some noteworthy tracks include;
• Miss Murder
• The Days of the Pheonix
• Summer Shudder
• Girl's Not Grey
• Silver and Cold
• Love Like Winter

Fun fact, for anyone who wants to verbally talk about this band, it's pronounced "A-F-I," as it stands for "A Fire Inside."

No comments:

Post a Comment