Saturday, November 26, 2011

Stone Sour

Because I've already mentioned multiple self-titled albums on this blog, I figured I might as well throw another one into the mix.

Album: Stone Sour
Artist: Stone Sour

The comedic principle of proposing yet another self-titled album wasn't the only reason behind today's suggestion. Also prompting it is the simple fact that this album is quite phenomenal. I know I've been leaning heavily on these guys for what now amounts to a handful of posts this past month, but despite the notoriety of singer Corey Taylor, Stone Sour still remains as one of the best bands you've never heard of.

Since this was Stone Sour's first real release, some of the tracks remain true to a heavier style more reflective of two of the members' former affiliate Slipknot. However, that's not always the case, as some songs employ a softer style that showcases their flexibility and immense talent. Overall, it's a hard rock record that is worthy of a faithful listen.

Some standout tracks include;
• Bother
• Omega (spoken word)
• Idle Hands
• Cold Reader
• Inhale
• Monolith
• Orchids
• Choose

I know it looks like I just referred to practically every song on the album as a standout, but the album actually contains 18 songs if you count bonus releases. And as I previously proved with "Freeze Dry Seal," you can never discount a track just because it was relegated to bonus status.

No comments:

Post a Comment