Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Downtown

Today's suggestion is a song I heard for the first time ever about 18 hours ago. I'm very disappointed that it took me this long to discover it.

Song: Downtown
Artist: Toh Kay

This is actually a cover song, originally having been done by the alternative group MU330. I've listened to both versions, and I must say, I favor this one over its successor, only partly because Toh Kay is actually the singer from Streetlight Manifesto.

This song has perhaps one of the most grooving Latin/gypsy vibes I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. I suppose there are some more common alternative facets if you look/listen hard enough. The lyrics seem to be some form of slight on the music industry, but that's not really the defining feature of this song.

The guitar is absolutely amazing. It captures that eastern European ambiance, complimented rather splendidly by the drums and vocals throughout. It's so catchy, prompting a likely outrageous number of repeated plays. All I can say is that you've been forewarned.

No comments:

Post a Comment