Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Say You'll Haunt Me

In case you haven't noticed, I'm into music videos that are about more than just the band performing their song. Not to say that I don't like music videos where they just perform, I just prefer it when there's more material there.

Song: Say You'll Haunt Me
Artist: Stone Sour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEn-nTkbEM0&feature=related

I find it a little hard to believe that I haven't mentioned these guys on here yet. Stone Sour has matured into one of the more prominent modern rock bands, and for good reason. Although the singer, Corey Taylor, doubles as the singer for Slipknot, his voice is purely amazing in Stone Sour's music. It's sensitive, yet sometimes very powerful, an awesome combination that compliments the outstanding rhythmical backups.

As for the song mentioned here, it's a perfect example of what Taylor can do, and why he's as famous as he is. In this typical rock-type track, the chorus is extremely catchy, and the lyrics are romantic at their base, springing off from that in a totally unique direction.

The video is confusing to say the least. It's neat to watch, but hard to follow. A lot of computer imaging technology was utilized, on top of the raw footage. I can't really explain what it's about, but I can say that it's a really cool video that does have an interesting plot (even though I'm not quite sure exactly what it is). Also, for having such a strong voice, it's pretty amusing to see just how short Corey Taylor actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment