Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November Rain

Even though where I hail from, we have a forecast of snow, not rain, in the near future, I felt that this video would be appropriate to suggest this month for obvious reasons.

Song: November Rain
Artist: Guns N' Roses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbUC-UaAxE&ob=av2e

All too often, it seems like people only know Guns N' Roses for "Sweet Child o' Mine" and "Welcome to the Jungle". However, this song is a gem that cannot be overlooked. Clocking in just shy of 9 minutes, this track is the power-ballad of rock. Complete with three guitar solos and one of Axl Rose's best vocal performances, this is not a song for any real fan of rock to say they've never heard.

The video itself is also very emotional, and adds to the overall experience of "November Rain". I can't say too much about it, except that words would not do its glory justice. Sure, it's somewhat lengthy, but every minute is well worth it, trust me. In fact, near the end, Slash has a rather epic solo on the piano that you simply cannot miss. If all I've said is not incentive enough to watch the video, I honestly don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment