Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Stampede

I had intended to post about this video a while ago and forgot, but trust me, it's definitely worth the wait.

Song: The Stampede
Artist: Biting Elbows

This music video is a little different than your typical music video. And by a little different, I mean it's not like anything you've ever seen before. For a music video, Biting Elbows has infused a level of creativity that's not very common among the mainstream music video scene, and the result is simply amazing.

Musically, the song reminds me a lot of Thrice's early work at times, with that kind of brash punk-rock sound. However, parts of the song have a little more of an electronic, synthesized vibe, which is a very neat twist. The overall track is more based in the power of the raw instrumentation, but the vocals are still very strong and occasionally rather catchy, actually.

The video has little to do with the song. It's more like a mini-movie set to the song, but that just serves to make it more interesting. It's shot with the first-person-point-of-view angle, which gets very intense once the fighting starts. It's hard to describe what makes this video so awesome, so you'll just have to watch it and find out.

I heard about this video from elsewhere on the internet, and knew I had to share it. It's so unique, yet very well done, and I felt compelled to share it. I'd highly recommend not passing this one over, even if the song itself does not sound like it would be to your liking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment